SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- science, environment, food, agriscience and engineering
There will be plenty of noise when Denmark’s very best show geeks get together in Aarhus to make cool experiments with things we are all familiar with in our everyday lives. There will be lots of educational and interesting experiences for the audience when those taking part in the Danish Science Show Championship compete to see who is the best.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation has awarded the prestigious Hallas-Møller Scholarship valued at DKK 11 million to Thomas Birkballe Hansen to study which role so-called circular RNAs play in cells and their potential impact on neurological disorders. The project will be carried out at the Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics/iNANO, Aarhus…
Using enzyme technology, researchers at Aarhus University have succeeded in producing a group of new substances with properties including the transport of certain types of medicine in the body.
- Sat 07 May
- 11:00-16:00 | Lecture Theatre E, Department of Mathematics, building 1533, room 103
Danish Science Show Championship
The Chemistry Show and Physics Show in Aarhus are responsible for organising this year’s Danish Science Show Championship.
- Mon 09 May
- 12:45-21:00 | Ole Rømer Observatory, Observatorievej 1, 8000 Aarhus C
Observe the passage of Mercury at the Ole Rømer Observatory
Come along to the astronomical event of the year at the Ole Rømer Observatory. It is free to attend, and the whole family is welcome. Read more (in Danish only) here.
- Sat 21 May
- 10:00-17:00 | Greenhouses and Botanical Garden, Peter Holms Vej, 8000 Aarhus C
The Danish Society for Nature Conservation, Forests of the World, Friends of the Botanical Garden, and the Science Museums have put nature at the heart of a new green network that kicks off with a free event for people of all ages who share an interest in nature. Read more (in Danish only) here.
- Department of Agroecology
- Department of Bioscience
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Physics and Astronomy
- Department of Food Science
- Department of Geoscience
- Department of Animal Science
- Department of Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Environmental Science
- Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Aarhus University School of Engineering
- DCA - Danish Centre for Food and Agriculture
- DCE - Danish Centre for Environment and Energy
- iNANO - Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Center